Self-esteem is the view that you perceive about yourself. It is something that tends to go up or down throughout one’s life. Most of us experience moments of low self-esteem and this can be a perfectly normal response to external events.
However, when low self-esteem becomes a long-term habit, it can damage your relationships with others, kill your confidence, stunt your ability to assert yourself and feed a cycle of increasing frustration and unhappiness. In fact, research has shown a correlation between low self-esteem and depression.
What are the benefits of Counselling for Low Self-Esteem?
For many people, the biggest benefit of counselling for low self-esteem, is gaining the ability to live their lives with a stronger feeling of freedom and confidence, to be who they truly are.
- Discover how to become more assertive.
- Learn how to create more balanced, mutually respectful and satisfying relationships
- Discover how you can feel confident enough to achieve what you want in life.
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself and what makes you happiest.
- Discover how certain behaviours, feelings, and thoughts that are contributing to your low opinion of yourself.
- Uncover the root causes of your low sense of self-worth and how to address them.
- Learn how to improve your self-image and reduce self-doubt.
- Experience a significant decrease anxiety levels.
Issues That Self-Esteem Psychotherapy Can Help With
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Valuing the opinions of others above your own
- Fear of change
- Being drawn into unhealthy or destructive relationships
- Low levels of confidence in areas including career and relationships
- Feelings of inadequacy
- Being overwhelmed with negative thoughts and fears
- Feeling unloved
Why not talk to one of our trained Counsellors?